Sunday, January 8, 2012

From Sweatshop to Command Center







It took me over a week to do it but when I resolve to do something , by gosh I’m going to do it ! And a big task it was !







So first I’ll give you a reminder of what it looked like on a good day.








Before






026








After






001







Before






019-crop








After






002









Before






Well for some reason I can’t download the before of this one but you can see it here.








After






My computer station , where I write this blog …






003








With all my family and friends on the corkboard on the side…






021








Before






020








After






Sewing station.






008









006







With corkboards on the sides for inspiration pictures .






007








Before






025








After






004






The shelves on either side of the computer are now fabric storage . Covered and out of sight when not needed .






020








Before






035






036







After






005







Craft paint and glue gun station .






013








This is all my patterns below and ribbons above , all where they can be found easily .






014







Before






018








After






Can you see Bubba peeking in the door ?






010







I’m going to be looking for something to put above these last two cabinets to put these solid fabrics in to keep them clean and dust free .






015







The biggest difference is how bright it is . I painted everything white !








The center work table is made from two WalMart $20.00 book shelves and a hollow core door from Home Depot . I saw this idea on Pinterest , from The Ivy Cottage Blog .






001






I removed the old U shaped computer desk that I had in there before to work on , I just kept the part where I have my sewing machine . I may replace that later if I can find something prettier .







I don’t do much sitting when I’m cutting out patterns , so this counter height work station is better for my back , with a stool when I want to sit down .







Well there it is , first project of the year .








What do you think ?








Now if you will excuse me I need to create .







Linking with these great Parties







Creative Blogger's Party & Hop at Homemaker On A Dime






Sew Darn Crafty at Sew Many Ways






Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch






White Wednesday at Faded Charm












13 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing change! After all that work, I'm surprised you have the energy to create. lol ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you must have gotten yourself a REALLY good workout... :) The transformation is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and I wish you lots of fun, creative time in tour revamped room

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it was a ton of work but your room looks wonderful! I can imagine lots of fabulous creating going on in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your craft/work room looks fabulous. It is so organized. I really need to do something like that, my craft/sewing room is a disaster, complete disaster. The rest of my house is so tidy and that room, I have to keep the door shut and I hope and pray that my husband doesn't need to go in there for anything.
    You did a beautiful job on it and it must be such a joy to work in now. I love your work island, that is a great idea.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's a well appointed craft room! I am inspired! Great job!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sharon ... thanks for visiting Timeless Treasures and your nice comment. Oh my, what a job you have done on your craft room. I just cleaned/organized a closet and that was work. Your room looks great. Happy crafting now.
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow great job...am really interested in the bookcase hollow door table...smart smart!
    I am working on my sewing room too and you have inspired me! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great organized space now!! I would love a space like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow-lucky you with your own craft room-I'm your newest follower-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful transformation! What a great room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharon that looks so much more functional. I know what you mean about the height. It's hard to lean over to work on a normal height table. I'm planning to put a high work island in my new craft room. Your room looks great and I think you'll get a lot done in there!

    ReplyDelete