Sunday, December 9, 2012

Ornaments For The Kids

Every year I make a hand made ornament for my grand-kids and my great nieces and nephews. After about 16 years it’s getting hard to come up with something different .
So I perused Pinterest and found this…
1055599883480867_IPPuu8cs_b 
It’s from the Mamie Jane’s blog , she used some leftover pieces of yard stick that she used for another project , and some Scrabble tiles. So I thought “ There you go ! I’ve got the components for that !”
I made one for each child with their name on it , and a few extra with Noel on them . Then I got in a big hurry to get them packaged up for mailing and forgot to take pictures of them all . I made 13 in all .
Here are what I had left that weren’t packaged when I remembered to take pictures .
20121209_42
I love how they turned out and I hope all the kido’s like them.
20121209_41
Thanks to Mamie Jane’s for the inspiration !
Joining
and

30 comments:

  1. Those are so cute--I love personalized ornaments like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this one on Pinterest, I love the original and your version. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome Sharon. What a great ornament and gift idea of sentiment. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! I am going to make one for my Grandson! Great copycat!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely, personalized ornament--these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the sweetest ornaments! I know your kiddos will love them...they were made by you and you put your time & heart into them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popping over from Debbie's knock off party. I love these ornaments and what a great idea to make an ornament each year. I think I will do that for my boys so when they move out, they will have something to decorate their own trees with - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Yours turned out great and I love that you make a keepsake for them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remembered seeing these on Mamie Jane's blog and thought they were darling too. Yours look very kid friendly with the little holly additions. They will be thrilled with them!

    ReplyDelete