Monday, January 31, 2011

My Porch

These pictures of my porch were taken June 2009 just before my son's wedding .
You see we had the reception here in the yard , so the porch was another place for folks to sit and mingle and talk.
By the wedding the hollyhocks had bloomed and it looked lovely and inviting.
I spend alot of time in the summer at this end of the porch.
I sit here and read , or just watch the traffic go by, since it is a gravel dead end road there isn't much traffic.


This is the sunny end of the porch , I put the lattice up to try to make it bearable to sit there.
I love porches .
They speak of times gone by, of warm summer evenings,
and soft easy conversations with friends.

I'm linking to The Porch Club Monday at Gypsy Brocante .
Come sit on the porch with us.


10 comments:

  1. Oh, I think the addition of the lattice makes it ultra cozy there! What a lovely porch to sit and dream and watch the world go by.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm ... I can't decide which end to sit down for a spell and visit ... both are so very cozy and welcoming! Love the cottage feel your cut outs on the railing give .... wonderful!

    Thank you for being a part of Porch Club and allowing us all to visit for a bit ; )
    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to sit on my porch Fri. & Sat. but looks like that's over for awhile. Hope none of us get the ice. Stay warm!!!! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Sharon... just hopping over from Jill's Porch party too... I love your cozy porch... especially the cute cut outs in your rail...like you, I so love sitting out on the porch daydreaming with a cup of coffee and watching the world go by... thanks for inviting me over!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How coincidental...I put a picture of my porch on my blog today and wrote, "I love porches." We must be dreaming of spring...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon,

    I love the cutout design on your porch..I like the part that is open and the part that is closed with the lattice...It's very cheerful.

    I'm visiting for Porch Club Monday and would love you to stop by my porch.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty porch! I love the yellow chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a sweet porch I love love the yellow chairs!! and the old window hanging in the back!! your art is so pretty you have wonderful talent I come from a family of artist and appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lattice is a great idea. What a pretty porch you have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yepper, like I mentioned in the previous post with your porch..beautiful. Loving the boston ferns too.

    ReplyDelete