Thursday, January 27, 2011

Folk Dolls with Painted Faces

Meet Rosalie Brown and Posie DuPree,These dolls are made from a pattern I made up myself, taking ideas I liked from several different patterns , Then I decided to hand paint the faces so they had lots of personality.


Rosalie is kinda prissy , but she has no shoes, ( only because I couldn't find any little Maryjane's at the thrift stores today) She may get socks and shoes later.






Posie makes me think of a three year old , I think she is my favorite.

(Don't tell Rosalie .)






Sorry , didn't notice the fuzz on her face till after I posted the picture.

I really had fun with these two and will probably make more dolls with painted faces.

Do you like them ?


I am going to link with Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

3 comments:

  1. Sharon, these little creations are just darling! Such sweet little personalities! Great job on their wonderful faces, thanks so much for linking up with VIF!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon! Thanks for stopping by to comment on my blog :)
    Guess what? My grandma Delsie lives in Harrison, AR. Such a cute little town. I haven't been there in a long time as it's a long drive from NE.
    I like your dollies here, too. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them!
    Such personalities!
    Your so good at faces...very hard to do I think.
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete