Wednesday, November 21, 2012

New Coffee Table and Thanksgiving Anticipation


When Sis and I went on our girls day out last Friday I found this table at one of the antique and flea markets.
001
002
I love the tray top ,the only thing I wanted that it doesn’t have is a shelf underneath , but I think with the way it’s made I’ll be able to add one .
Of course I couldn’t leave it black , that just doesn’t go with my house .
I found a store that sells CeCe Caldwell chalk and clay paint ,( on that same shopping trip), so I painted it  “Simply White “.
002
Then added some clear and dark wax to it and this is how it came out …
003
005
006
I got just a little more dark wax than I wanted on the top, but I think I can live with it. I’m calling it finished for right now cause Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I wanted it in my living room .
I have my tables all set up ready for the big meal tomorrow , there will be 12 of us , and there is not enough room in any room in my house for that many at one table, so the kitchen and sun room are both set up for 6 in each room, and since they are right next to each other it is still close enough to carry on conversation .
008 
Do you like the little Turkey doll I made years ago ? He is on the kitchen table.
009
I found some dish toweling fabric by the yard at a store in town the other day, all I had to do was hem the ends to make this table runner for the sun room .
010
011
013 
Bring on the turkey ! Bring on the dressing and the pumpkin pie !
Bring on the Birthday cake ! That's right , tomorrow is my daughter's birthday , so we are celebrating that too .
I am so grateful for the blessings that God has given me .
I am so blessed !
Wishing you the best Thanksgiving ! And praying God will bless you too !
Have a wonderful weekend !
Joining Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    I love your pretty coffee table makeover. Looks very nice in your living room.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Sharon, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little coffee table--so much prettier in white! Your table looks great. Have a wonderful thanksgiving and happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That table is a perfect find for your room. Love the tea towelling runner! Happy Thanksgiving! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete