Friday, October 28, 2011

Fall Treasure Finds

Yesterday was a dreary drizzly day , but I felt like getting out and doing a little treasure hunting . So my buddy Billie and I hit the road . My blogging friend Glenda from My Country Heaven Cottage told me she was setting up a booth in a, new to me, antique and flea market in Branson, RZ’s Antiques and Flea Market .I didn’t have my camera with me so no pictures of her booth , maybe she’ll add some to her blog when she gets it finished . But it was nice visiting with her .

I did find this fantastic metal basket in that mall.


Look how great it looks with fall stuff in it !


It is painted brown , which is fine with fall stuff , but I think I may dry brush it with white before Christmas . I’m not sure what it was used for , but a man standing near where I picked it up said his guess was that it was for mechanics to wash parts in . Made sence to me cause it was by a bunch of old tools and man stuff .

Not going to hold man stuff anymore !


I also found , at another store , this fantastic rocking chair…

Can you believe it was already white with a green and pink seat cover , somebody knew I was coming !

The only thing wrong with it is the applique on the back is broken.


I think I can remove that and replace it with a new one. I will make a ruffley slip cover for the seat and a plush pillow for the back , and it will be perfect for rocking my grandbabies .

I found some cute napkins with cherries…


A red table cloth and two red check curtain panels which may become a valance over my sink window and curtains under the sink.


All in all a fun day . My sister was out of town so she didn’t get to go , I’ll have some new places to show her when she gets back.

By the way , in answer to some questions about my last post , Yes you can wash the Cita Solv transfers , after you heat set it with an iron.

Joining these great Parties.

Vintage Farm House Friday

Vintage Inspiration Friday

Feathered Nest Friday


  1. Thanks for the nice comments! I'm following. Have a great weekend relaxing in that cute rocking chair. : )

  2. Wow! You got some great deals. :) I love your new chair and the basket is awesome. :)


  3. Fantastic treasures!! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!