Friday, October 28, 2011

Fall Treasure Finds

Yesterday was a dreary drizzly day , but I felt like getting out and doing a little treasure hunting . So my buddy Billie and I hit the road . My blogging friend Glenda from My Country Heaven Cottage told me she was setting up a booth in a, new to me, antique and flea market in Branson, RZ’s Antiques and Flea Market .I didn’t have my camera with me so no pictures of her booth , maybe she’ll add some to her blog when she gets it finished . But it was nice visiting with her .









I did find this fantastic metal basket in that mall.









021









Look how great it looks with fall stuff in it !









025









It is painted brown , which is fine with fall stuff , but I think I may dry brush it with white before Christmas . I’m not sure what it was used for , but a man standing near where I picked it up said his guess was that it was for mechanics to wash parts in . Made sence to me cause it was by a bunch of old tools and man stuff .









Not going to hold man stuff anymore !









019









I also found , at another store , this fantastic rocking chair…









Can you believe it was already white with a green and pink seat cover , somebody knew I was coming !









The only thing wrong with it is the applique on the back is broken.









020









I think I can remove that and replace it with a new one. I will make a ruffley slip cover for the seat and a plush pillow for the back , and it will be perfect for rocking my grandbabies .









I found some cute napkins with cherries…









027









A red table cloth and two red check curtain panels which may become a valance over my sink window and curtains under the sink.









029









All in all a fun day . My sister was out of town so she didn’t get to go , I’ll have some new places to show her when she gets back.





By the way , in answer to some questions about my last post , Yes you can wash the Cita Solv transfers , after you heat set it with an iron.







Joining these great Parties.







Vintage Farm House Friday







Vintage Inspiration Friday




Feathered Nest Friday

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice comments! I'm following. Have a great weekend relaxing in that cute rocking chair. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You got some great deals. :) I love your new chair and the basket is awesome. :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic treasures!! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete