Tuesday, October 25, 2011

CITRASOLV Transfer Technique

I finally got around to trying the Citra Solv transfer technique ! I've been wanting to try it for a long time . The other day I took some of my favorite Graphic Fairy graphics to my local office supply store and copied them on a toner type copier . Then I headed over to my local health foods store and found the Citra Solv .



It really works !



Here are some samples I tried with some of the smaller prints I had .



024



025



026



027



I printed a lot of some bigger graphics so I can try to make some pillows and such.



Think I might make some little sachets out of these.



It was really fun and easy, a little smelly , not a bad smell , just strong and critic.



I added a new book cover plaque to my Etsy shop today.



022



I just love the Graphics Fairy !



Think I’ll link this up with Kathleen’s White Wednesday at Faded Charm.



Thank you so much Kathleen for hosting this fab party !



Sorry these first few pictures are so yellow , I was running out of daylight.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds REALLY interesting.... So do you soak the paper and apply it to Fabric....And can you use it more than once...??? Pretty Plaque by the way..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing this.. I've wanted to try the citra solv technique for awhile but haven't got the nerve yet.. I will have to try it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok.....NOW I've gotta try this! I've got the Citra Solv, I've just got to go someplace to make some copies! Thanks for the nudge! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon,
    I'd love to try this method. I know it's a lot less expensive than using transfer paper.
    Your images turned out good. You'll be crafting up a storm.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try the citrasolv technique, but my question is, can you wash the fabric after you transfer your image? I'm afraid it will vanish if you wash the fabric. Have you tried washing?
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete