Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back Home Again


I warn you , this is a long one for me !


I’m back from vacation and savoring this little wannabe cottage of mine.


I had so much fun, and got to visit with old friends , and make some new ones.


I traveled back in time , drove past the home I lived in from 4th grade till I got married.


Went past ( nearly everyday ) the first home my husband and I bought when we were newlyweds .


003


It’s so small , and except for the color of the siding , it still looks the same.


Then we went out into the countryside where the first house we built together a few years latter is , there were a few minor changes there.


002


There were a lot of flowers around it when we lived there, and it was white .


I traveled past the grade school , Jr. and Sr. high schools that I attended .


Visited with some of my late husbands family and talked about good old times .


My class reunion was great , I sat at a table with 6 of my good buddies from high school.


011


I’m sure we were all thinking the same thing , ( How did we get this old ? ) But you know ,there was no hesitation in the chatter , we talked as if we were together yesterday , giggling and laughing like high school girls .


They are all so dear to me .


I cried when we left my old home town, at my age ( not that I am that old ) you can never be sure you will see these friends again . I lost two friends this last spring .


I thank God for letting me see them and I pray that we will get together again .


The last night there we went out to eat with more friends, The couple in front in orange and in blue are my good friends Nanette and Gary , they are the friends I traveled with . behind them are Pam and Tom Paterson ,( Nan’s cousins ) who’s home the RV was parked at . I will show their home in another post . And on the outsides are Pat and John Guzman , more friends that I have known for 40 years or better.


002


I did get to visit a few antique places , and found just a few things for my kitchen.


012


013


I’ll leave you with one last picture.


The time machine !


010


Now I can’t wait to catch up with my blog friends !

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    It looks like you had a wonderful time going back in time. Am sure there were bittersweet moments and precious memories you held close to your heart viewing your first homes with you husband. How wonderful that you have such long time friendship that made it seem as if "no time has passed". I have two girlfriends like that in my hometown. In fact, my one friend was my BF all the way through HS. As life, does, even before I moved from NY state to the South, our paths took very different directions and we lost touch. Two years ago, at my mom's funeral I walked out to get a cup of water and looked at the women signing the guest book, from the back.....DONNA! Then my other friend came in and the three of us sat down, near "mom" and it was as if we were back in HS and mom was going to tell us, "lights out" any minute. Those times are so precious, are they not? So glad you had such an enjoyable time and brought home pictures of your long ago home and the special memories they contain. It is always nice to come back to our current home after a trip and just snuggle in. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time & were able to travel back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a good time. Nothing better then really good friends. Hope you got some rain too. My yard is actually green again. Welcome home! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to go back to your hometown. Was it near Bedford?

    Warmly,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just had our 50th reunion in May...it was nice to see so many people, also see the first 'students' of the highschool. I had a few come up to me to ask 'when did you graduate'..than they looked at me and said..'I don't think you were even born when I did'. lol.....Loving the tin picnic baskets and the vintage tablecloths..oh my!

    ReplyDelete