Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Treasure Finds

Over the weekend Sister and I did some Treasure hunting . We hit an antique show and a few flea markets . I didn’t find a lot of stuff , but what I did find I am happy with .




I have been looking for some Frenchy chairs for some time but haven’t had much luck finding anything with the right shape in a price I could afford . As we walked by this one booth for the second time , Pam said “ What about this one ?” And in this booth piled high with stuff buried under more stuff , was this little beauty.




002




As you can see I started taking the trim off before it dawned on me to take a before picture .




003




Here you can see what the trim that was on the front looked like before I took it off .




004




Isn't she sweet ? I have her finished in my mind . Painted white , recovered in a bleached out drop cloth fabric with French graphics on it. the only thing I could have wished for was a little carving in the wood . But hay ! It only cost me $29.00 ! It is in excellent condition , just the wrong color .




I’ll show her again when I have her done .




I also found this wire storage basket . Have I told you I have this thing about wire and metal baskets ?




005




See how nice it fits under my island !




007




That’s it ! That’s all I found . I spent a total of $35.00 including tax . So I was pleased . Now I can’t wait to get started on my French chair . Does anyone know an easy way to get all those old staples out of the old upholstery ?




By the way !




Happy Valentine's Day !



Linking with


Ruby Jean and Sew Crafty Tuesday


Tuesday's Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

5 comments:

  1. Sharon
    What a buy. I can't wait to see it when
    you've finished it. I think this style
    of chair is actually better for the back
    than recliners are! Not that that is why
    you wanted it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chair was quite a find! I can't wait to see the finished product. I have a chair waiting for me to work on, so I'm always looking for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! That chair is a find!!! I can't wait to see her all done up!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness--I would be doing a happy dance right now if I found that chair for $29! Lucky you! Can't wait to see what you do with it. I would paint it white and put a antique velvet, blue and cream damask pattern, on it. I can dream, right?! Happy Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know an easy way to get the staples out -- hire someone to do it!!!! I bought a big over-stuffed chair that I'm going to try to recover. Wish me luck....& good luck on yours.

    ReplyDelete