Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Evening Stroll


We had a brief rain an hour or so ago , so brief the ground didn’t even get wet . But it cooled down so I got out with my camera and walked around the house and yard .
001
The window box  with the impatiens at the end of the porch is doing good as long as I keep them watered . We have had very little rain for the last few weeks so I have to water at least every other day .
002
Two of the hanging plants on my porch have birds’ nests in them , this one is a house wren  and there is a sparrow nest in one of my ferns .
003
The hollyhocks are not doing well this year , they are covered in rust , I like rust on my metal , not on my hollyhocks .
004
The poppy seeds I scattered last fall are doing great ! Don’t you love these colors ?
005

007
I guess these hanging pots are just perfect home sights for the birds .
008
I am loving my hydrangeas this year .
009
There are shades of pink and lavender in the bush , I have never had that before. Maybe putting the mulch around it has changed the acidity of the soil .
010

013

014

018
There are only a few pretty roses left on the climbing rose , I trimmed all the dead ones off today , now it will regroup and bloom again .
022
A stand of poke salad and Queen Anne’s Lace at the edge of the woods . the woods behind my house is so thick with brush you can’t walk through it.
023
It is full of blackberry vines that are covered in berries that are beginning to dry up for lack of rain .
027
And wild roses that don’t seam to mind the lack of rain.
028
Look at all the berries on this cedar  tree…
029
This will make the Cardinals happy.
030
This is a view of my woods from the neighbors yard . His is cleared farther back than mine is . That’s okay , I don’t have to mow as much .
032
It’s a great place for the wild life to live , although I haven’t seen many deer lately .
Well we are back at the porch again . Thanks for taking a walk with me !
035
You are welcome anytime .
036
Hope you all had a beautiful weekend !

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks so beautiful! Love the colors of your poppy's. I only have orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,
    I'm stopping by to say hello and I see I'm just in time to see your beautiful garden. I hope that my hydrangeas pop out as pretty as yours. So far they are taking their good old time.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are beautiful! I am in Arkansas and I found your sweet blog. I will keep you on my strolling list.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking me walking with you. Love your yard! Always wanted to live in the country. The hydrangeas are beautiful. I am not a gardener, but I think I read that mulch changes acidity. Whatever you did, the results are lovely.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete